Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

Today is September 11th, my birthday, and the first day on my new job. I thought it a great birthday present this year. It's been a great birthday, as all the other years. It's a special day for me and one I hold dear. It is also a day of remembrance for all Americans. A day to remember loved ones. That one year that places a strong mark in our history. It's not the month nor day that is notorious, it's that one day in that one year. It's the best way I have chosen to think about it moving forward. There are, afterall, many more birthdays and birthday years to look forward to, and I would like to think that they will be great days.

Five years after the infamous 9-11 day of 2001, we as a nation were brought closer, as other nations weeped with, and for, us -- for the innocent lives lost -- for a terrible day in one year that we can never take away nor erase from our memories. Five years later, we still have much to be concerned about to make sure such an attack never happens again. I cried only once on my birthday -- that was the year. I hope such a terrible day in our history is never repeated. Not just in the history of the United States, but in the history of mankind. No one should ever live through that, again, not ever.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home