Friday, August 25, 2006

"Pirate" of the Caribbean? Avast, Ye Maties! Arrgghh!

Digital Design
One of the most fun projects I completed in Digital Design in Fall 2004, my first semester in the M.A. in Media Studies program, involved learning advanced digital manipulation techniques in photoshop which included layers and masking, along with the study of design concepts both in print and visually on the digital media.

Who's the pirate in this "Pirates of the Carribean" shot?


Above is one of my favorite creations, which had the entire class chuckling...at least the ones who recognized the face immediately. I learned digital manipulation at its best with this exercise!

In my next post I will reveal the two original images I used to create the above image. Stay tuned!

In the mean time, it's Friday, have fun--go out on the town and spend some time with other students or family and friends. Get out into the real world and enjoy the sunshine!